Here are the anime and manga reviews and news articles that I wrote for WatchPlayRead.com during May 2015.
- Manga Review: 07-Ghost Volume 16
- Manga Review: Kiss of the Rose Princess Volume 4
- Manga Review: Nisekoi: False Love Volume 9
- Manga Review: Terra Formars Volume 6
- New Manga Releases for the Week of May 5, 2015
- New Manga Releases for the Week of May 12, 2015
- New Manga Releases for the Week of May 19, 2015
- New Manga Releases for the Week of May 26, 2015
- VIZ Media Announces Digital Manga Update for May 2015
- VIZ Media Announces Masashi Kishimoto Appearance and Forthcoming Naruto Releases
- VIZ Media Launches Special Promotion Offering Free Chapters of VIZ Manga Digital Titles
- VIZ Media Launches the So Cute It Hurts!! Manga
- VIZ Media Marks the 10th Anniversary of the Shojo Beat Imprint
- VIZ Media’s Yaoi Imprint Launches the Love Stage!! Romantic…
View original post 130 more words
New details emerged today regarding Fire Emblem If for the Nintendo 3DS. You will now be able to build and share your own bases in the upcoming game. AS you can imagine the game will be a lot more social than previous Fire Emblem games. You can also use your Marth, Ike, Robin, and Lucina amiibo figures in the game and this will allow you to bring them into your My Castle area. You can then battle and interact with the characters. Fire Emblem If will be arriving in Japan on June 25th. We have yet to hear about a western release.
You’ll be able to establish facilities such as weapon and item shops in vacant lots, appoint comrades as salespersons, interact with allies, and interact with other players via StreetPass functionality. When you visit another player’s My Castle area, you’ll be able to buy weapons and items not available in your own land…
View original post 11 more words
Every week, Cosplay amazes and astonishes me. The amount of effort put in by hundreds, nay, thousands of cosplayers across the world is simply staggering. So, I thought I’d look through Twitter and share some Cosplay pictures with all of you as well as a few things I’ve been doing this week, since heck, cosplay progress is a thing I like to share with the world from time to time.
View original post 761 more words
Capcom has announced today that it is bringing a brand new entry in the Monster Hunter series to Japan. The new game is titled Monster Hunter X and will be arriving in Japan this Christmas. No doubt many of you will be clamouring for this to be brought over to the west, and I don’t doubt it will come given how successful the Monster Hunter 4 launch was in March. Here’s a few details about Monster Hunter X for the Nintendo 3DS.
- Built on 4G engine looks like the flashy action of MHF in the main series looks amazing
- Unbelievable new super actions for all weapons much more than just a few new moves
- Focus on the hunter and doing flashy and cool action
- Concept is taking the action and making it stylish and varied enough that everyone can find their own unique style
- So they are bolstering the actions…
View original post 34 more words
The July 2015 issue of Kodansha’s Monthly Shonen Magazine is unveiling the title and premiere timeframe for the second season of the Noragami television anime series.
The second season will be titled, Noragami Aragato, and that it will premiere on Japanese television in Fall 2015. The cast will appear at a Noragami Aragato event in Tokyo on August 8, 2015.
The new season will adapt the manga’s Bishamon arc and will reunite the staff and cast from the first season.
FUNimation Entertainment simulcast the first season as it aired in Japan. The company describes the story of Noragami as:
Yato may just be a minor god now, but he’s determined to make it big and he’s got a plan. Unfortunately, things just don’t seem to be going his way. He doesn’t have a single shrine dedicated to him, his partner has just quit, and now he’s got to find…
View original post 22 more words
Manga creator Yuu Watase confirmed on her official Twitter account that her Arata: The Legend manga will resume in this year’s 32nd issue of Shogakukan’s Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine, which will be published in Japan on July 8, 2015.
Watase said that she had hoped to publish two new chapters simultaneously. However, simultaneous publication will be impossible due to “page circumstances.” The manga will again serialize weekly, and the magazine will publish the second new chapter the following week.
The manga has been on hiatus in Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine since February 2014.
VIZ Media describes the story of Arata: The Legend as:
In a mythical world where humans and gods co-exist, Arata has the unfortunate honor of being the successor to the matriarchal Hime Clan. This means he has to pretend to be a girl or face death if his true gender is discovered! On the day of his…
View original post 41 more words
The official website for the forthcoming Classroom Crisis anime has announced two more cast members:
- Aya Suzaki is Tsubasa Hanaoka
- Shiina Natsukawa is Aki Kaminagaya
Lay-duce is producing the series, and Kenji Nagasaki is directing. Hiro Kanzaki is designing the characters with Satoshi Ishino, and Fumiaki Maruto is in charge of scripts.
MONTWO wrote the original story. TrySail will perform the opening theme song “Cobalt,” and ClariS will perform the ending theme song “Anemone.”
The “school x work romantic comedy” is an adolescent vignette about the troubles and tribulations of high schoolers on salary.
Classroom Crisis will air in the Animeism programming block in Japan beginning on July 3, 2015.