Anime adaptation based on sweets-shop comedy manga coming to Japanese TV in January
The main cast for the upcoming TV anime adaptation of Dagashi Kashi, based on a manga of the same name by Kotoyama, has been announced. The main cast includes:
- Atsushi Abe as Kokonotsu Shikada, a young man who doesn’t want to inherit the family sweets shop, instead wanting to pursue a career as a manga artist.
- Ayana Taketatsu as Hotaru Shidare, a young lady whose father owns a wealthy candy company. Hotaru wishes to hire Kokonotsu’s father to work for her father’s company.
- Keiji Fujiwara as Yō Shikada, Kokonotsu’s father and a talented candy maker. Yō refuses to work for Hotaru’s father unless Kokonotsu agrees to take over the family business.
- Manami Numakura as Saya Endō, a friend of Kokonotsu who helps manage her family’s coffee shop.
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki as Tō Endō, a friend of Kokonotsu and Saya’s twin brother.
The Dagashi Kashi manga is published in Shogakukan’s Weekly Shōnen Sunday manga magazine. The anime adaptation is directedby Shigehito Takayanagi (The World God Only Knows, Galaxy Angel A) and features animation by studio feel.. Dagashi Kashi will begin broadcasting in January of 2016 on TBS, BS-TBS, and other channels.
Paul Chapman is the host of The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast and GME! Anime Fun Time.